This residential 3-day Silent Retreat with Simon Bailey is a profound opportunity to cocoon yourself fully within the energy and power of silence.
You will enter the sanctity of the retreat centre in the knowledge that in choosing to turn your attention inwards, a path to self-discovery will be revealed. Simon will support you fully as you move through self-inquiry and genuine introspection towards freedom.
Each day will be centred around group sessions within which Simon will gently guide you, challenge you, and answer your questions in his direct but loving way, with honesty, wisdom and humour.
“The way to oneness seems to be through the path of inner harmony. The way to inner harmony is through silence” Wayne W. Dyer
The group communications offer an opportunity to deeply explore the revelations of silence and are an intrinsic part of the otherwise silent retreat. It is the silence that allows you to journey deeply towards that which you are seeking to discover.
Simon will guide you to the understanding of your truth, that which you seek - the aspect of you that yearns for realisation, finding love, joy and peace.
Answer the call of your Soul and come discover your truth!
This guided Silent Retreat with Simon Bailey is for those who are sincerely drawn to self-discovery, who feel a genuine pull to travel deeply inwards towards awakening.
Each participant is required to adhere to the guidelines below. In choosing to attend the Silent Retreat you agree to:
• Be respectful of the code of silence as directed for the duration of the retreat – you will be led into and out of silence at the beginning and end of the retreat.
• Complete the entire retreat and attend each group session without exception.
• To enable attention to remain focussed silently inward we ask that you do not engage in communication with other participants and do not use mobile phones or the Internet during the retreat. This allows you to enter fully into silence without distractions from fellow participants or the outside world.
• If you are attending with a partner, please agree to not communicating with each other once led into silence at the beginning of the retreat.
• Please be aware that a silent retreat is not considered a replacement for appropriate therapy or treatment. If you are or have recently undergone treatment for issues relating to mental health, this retreat may not at this time be right for you. Please talk with your healthcare professional if you are experiencing serious mental health issues as to whether this retreat would be considered suitable for you.
• You agree that your voice or image be recorded and possibly shared on mp3, DVD or on the Internet. All recorded material will be treated with respect and sensitively. It will be used only to help and serve fellow seekers.
Our retreat is will be located at Shallowford House, a stunning 19th century building, given by the Webster family to the Diocese of Lichfield to be used as a training and retreat centre.
Set in the rolling Staffordshire countryside, within nine acres of secluded gardens, woodland and meadows.
Comfortable bedrooms are each ensuite with tea and coffee making facilities.
Located just 3 miles from the M6 (Junction 14), Shallowford is easily accessible from all parts of the country.
Phone: 01785 760233
The retreat begins on Friday 31st January at 10.30am with a welcome meeting leading you gently into silence. There will be group sessions led by Simon throughout the day and evening, with breaks for self-enquiry and silent contemplation.
The retreat will end on Sunday afternoon following lunch and a final session leading you out of silence, allowing a time of readjustment with your fellow participants before you leave the retreat before 5pm.
The retreat will include all meals between and including lunch on Friday and Sunday, together with single ensuite accommodation.